Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just Another Day In Paradise

One of my favorite parts of my day is when I go in to greet the girls in the morning when they wake up or when they are up from their naps. The usually standing in their beds, waiting for me. Their faces light up when they see me and sometimes I get, "mamamamama" or "mommy, mommy". In the mornings, especially, I often gather them up, head to the living room and have "big chair time". We snuggle in Ben's big chair until they clamor to get out and chase a kitty.

This morning, I was greeted by Natalie. She was, as usual, at the end of her bed. For visual imagining purposes...her bed is along the wall closest to the door with the end of the bed being just about two feet to my right when I walk through the door. It is also helpful to know that the end of her crib is solid - no bars to see through.

So, I walk in and am hit by the scent of poopies. This is not at all unusual. Mornings, between when Ben feeds them and they officially get up, is pooping time (also often after naps). So, smelling poops is pretty normal, but doesn't take away from the delight of the grins on their faces. Natalie is too my left an waiting for me. I say hello, and she offers me a gift - her diaper - full of poopy. Oh. Dear.

This is a first. I quickly realize she is completely naked. I peer in and expect the worst. Fortunately, it was a smaller pasty poopy and with the exception of a small spot of her bed, it appears most of the poopy has remained in her diaper. It's not even really on her that much.

I take her and start to clean her up, then decide for sanitary and safety reasons, the best course is simply a bath. I get Abby out, who has also pooped, but is still, thankfully wearing her diaper, clean her off and deposit both of them in the "ba-ba", as it is called. I clean Natalie up well first so as not to contaminate the bath water, then add Abby and let the fun begin.

I still have to strip her bed and wash everything in it. Poor Natalie now has NOTHING left in her bed. She's had a few throw ups the last few days and as unceremoniously lost each of her blankets, stuffed animals, etc as they have been puked on. She was down to a last random blankets and a few toys. Now, it all must go - to the wash, that is.

I'm actually pretty shocked I didn't have two naked girls. If there was ever a case of monkey see, monkey do, it's Natalie and Abby. I'm fully convinced Abby likely did everything she could to get her pajamas off too, but simply failed in her attempt.

So, it's just another day with Natalie and Abby in paradise - if paradise is naked poopy babies.

No comments: