Monday, August 24, 2009

Natalie is just so darn cute!

I love Natalie. She is just so adorable. If I had to pick a word, I think I'd use "sweet". She's sweet in that sweetest of waya. The way she smiles...so sweet. The way she is so concerned about Abby - so sweet. Even the way she plays - so sweet.

It used to be that Abby was always concerned about Natalie - patting the car seat or stroller seat next to her and saying - "NaNa". But, now, Natalie is all about Abby. When she wakes up, her first word is often Abby, or Elmo:-) If Natalie has her Elmo, she is very distressed until Abby gets her Elmo too. If Natalie gets a cookie, "Ibbi, Ibbi". Abby needs one too. She is just so conscious of Abby and seems to want to make sure Abby has her fair share too. Now, that's not to say that if Abby is trying to steal a toy, Natalie won't run in the other direction shouting, "no, no, no." But somehow, even that is so cute.

Today Natalie discovered a bag of teeny tiny Uno cards. I mean, really tiny, about 1.5" x 3/4". She loved them. She poured them out then put them back in. Then she poured them out again. I eventually gave her some cups, and she poured them in those. She played with them for at least 20-30 minutes. It was adorable.

Natalie has the cutest way of working on a task. She gets so involved in the smallest of things: stirring her cup with her little plastic spoon; playing with her farm animals; looking at her books. I love watching her explore her world.

I have to also mention Natalie and her Elmo. Natalie is fanatical about Elmo. Any Elmo. And she can spot him across a crowded store. For a while, Walmart had a huge Mylar Elmo balloon floating above the card section of the store. We were rolling around with our cart, and Natalie starts, "elmo, elmo, elmo". I couldn't figure out what she was talking about, until I saw the balloon high above our heads. Another time we were there, and she started calling again, but this time the balloon was gone. But, she remembered where he was supposed to be.

Natalie also manages to find Elmo on the most unlikely of places like the random diaper box we've packed books into (we don't use this brand, but it had this little tiny elmo on it). Anything with Elmo is pounced upon. Stickers, plates, books, diapers. She loves them all.

Of course, mostly she loves her little stuffed Elmo. When it's time for her bottle, she grabs her blankie and her Elmo. She actually gets quite distressed if she can't find him (and also if Abby doesn't have her Elmo." Elmo often goes on trips in the car with us where he sometimes dances. Natalie: "Da-Da-Da". Elmo also sometimes slides down the slide or rides in the baby stroller.

I wish I could relay exactly how Natalie says "Elmo". It's sort-of a "Eh-mo", or Eh(really short l) mo. Have I said how cute it is?

There's something about Natalie that just makes your heart melt whenever she smiles. It just puts a little smile on your own face and makes you happy to be alive. I love my little Natalie. She makes my heart sing.

No comments: