Monday, April 12, 2010

Just Seen...

I was in my room and I could hear the pitter patter of little feet slapping up and down the hall way. Slap, slap, slap, slap...pause...slap, slap, slap, slap...pause...slap, slap, slap.

I nearly collided with Natalie and she ran back and forth from her room, down the hall, and back. She was on a lap away from her room and I realized what she was doing.

In her little hands were the rolled-up diapers ready for the trash. There were about four that needed to be thrown away. She was running back and forth carrying them one at a time to the trash can in the kitchen. No one asked her to; she just decided to clean up.

It's little moments like these that just make me smile. Natalie was just so cute in her intense determination and focus on getting all those diapers to the trash can. Gosh, I just love this age:-)

Of course, when they are teenagers, I won't be able to pay them to clean their rooms. But, for now, I will relish in the cuteness that is Natalie.

No comments: