Saturday, January 10, 2009

Moo-Moo

I was checking out the blog site of a preemie forum friend. She was discussing the cost of a gallon of milk and then she did a little math to figure out the cost of the specialized "complete nutritional drink" she has to buy for her daughter. It inspired me to do a little math myself.

Milk has certainly risen in price recently. I think it's about $3.99 a gallon. This, along with increases in gas, electricity, bread, clothes, and everything else, has impacted the budgets of many. So, inspired by my friend, I pulled out the calculator.

6-8oz bottles of Pedisure (48oz) - $9.99/ ~ 7.99 if we get the generic walmart or target brand although it's not always available

So, it takes 16 bottles to equal a gallon. $1.33-$1.66 a bottle or $21.30 - $26.64 a gallon. Yes, folks, over $20 a gallon for "milk".

The girls are now going through about 20-24 oz each - so about one pack a day or $240-$300 a month in milk.

It could be worse. The milk my friend needs - $57.49 a gallon.

Moo-moo

No comments: