Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Potty Experts

I'm going to be paying my sister back for years. Between her rates for sleep training and now, potty training, I owe her big time.

The girls are amazing. Natalie and Abby are now potty experts. After 6 days, they are doing amazing. They will now either announce they need to potty and then run to the potty at our urging, or, simply go there on their own, and return to us announcing they pee-peed in the potty. A few minutes ago, the most marvelous thing occurred - I walked past the bathroom to see Natalie sitting on her little frog potty and heard her announce, "I went poopy."

Any parent will tell you that pooping in the potty is the creme de la creme and we.are.there. Abby has been pooping in the potty for several days so now, we are set.

Of course, diapers are still for sleeping and long drives (and for another week, Little Gym, Ballet, and therapies - can't have them peeing all over everything). But, I think next week, we may even try those things diaper-free.

Diaper-less nights will also involve moving out of the cribs so they can get to the potty, so we will have to figure out what we are doing about that.

I am so proud of my big (sniff*sniff) girls, and am eternally grateful to Auntie.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Good for you! And think of all the money you'll save on diapers!

Laraf123 said...

May I borrow your sister? It's slow going (no pun intended) around here. Oh, yes, you have reason to be proud of those big girls!

Jo said...

I told Kimberly she needed to add Potty Training to her list of services. She said, "no way."

I confess that I was not incredibly proactive and left to me, they may have been in diapers til they were 4. I had potty training fear.

I can't believe how well they have done. No accidents all day today and even wore underwear in their ballet class today!