Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I resign...

Tonight I witnessed Natalie and Abby eat chicken with BBQ sauce (Abby asked for seconds), cooked carrots, a bite of potato casserole, croutons (crunchy things), and start on some corn on the cob.

This is something I never thought I would see. I think the most amazing part of it was hearing them beg for more carrots and having Abby ask for more chicken.

So, I officially resign - from the "My kids have eating issues" club. I do this out of respect for my fellow preemie moms whose kids really do have eating issues, like my friend Anne who daughter eats about 5 foods (and by eat I mean takes one or two bites of A chip) and gets only about 200-400 calories a day from food. The rest comes from a highly concentrated formula that costs about $50ish a gallon. Parents like Anne would give their front teeth if their kid would eat just one of the above mentioned foods, nevermind all at the same time.

So, our time to whine and complain is over. Natalie and Abby are now "normal" eaters. Of course, as pre-schoolers that means they may only eat 1 or 2 decent meals a day every other day. But, they are eating, and for that, we are grateful, astonished, and overjoyed.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I couldn't be happier for you! Really and truly. I am happy to accept your resignation! :)

Eliza has made some big strides of her own this past week... she has eaten a real half of a PBJ sandwich each day for lunch and dinner :0 So hope springs eternal.