Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Changing of the guard?

I think I may be a little sad. For as long as I can remember, Natalie has been attached to her Elmo. I know she's only two, but I can't remember when we got Elmo - at least a year ago. And ever since, Elmo is her number #1 comfort item and companion when having her bottle.

About 3 or 4 days ago, Natalie started taking her bottle with Baby Bean (an adorable baby cabbage patch doll that we used to tell mom and mema I was pregnant). I'm really not sure how I feel about this. I am extremely attached to the visual of Natalie, blanket, and Elmo (and Abby, blanket and Mouse). I'm not sure I like this little switch-o-roo.

Fortunately for me, she still snuggled with Elmo (and Baby Bean and something else) when she settled down to bed. Maybe Elmo's dethroning is temporary. I think I hope so.

4 comments:

BenC said...

I'm thinking maybe she's a little elmo'd out. I mean we have like a bazillion of them laying around.

Cindy's Garden Thoughts said...

Well we are just getting started with Elmo here. Planning a big Elmo style birthday party for Kennedy's 2nd in May. What is it about Elmo that attracts them so?

Jo said...

I'm not sure why Elmo is so popular, but I sure wish I'd dreamed him up! We'd be millionaires. I do think it has something to do with his voice though...very little kid - maybe it reminds kids of other little kids.

Jo said...

Oh, we do NOT have a zillion. Just a Daddy Elmo (a tickle me elmo - a gift), a Mommy Elmo (foot-tall plush and also a gift) and 2 Baby Elmo's (the original ones I got)...