Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Big 1-8

Pounds, that is! Yes, the girls have finally hit the 18 pound mark. I am so excited.

Tuesday is usually weigh-in day. I didn't weigh them last week, but the week before they had lost weight. Natalie was at 17.7.5, and Abby around 17.10 or 12oz. (I didn't write it down). Yesterday, Abby hit 18#1oz! Even more impressive was Miss Natalie, 17#15.5oz. The scale actually hit 18#, then bumped back to 15.5. Close enough, I think.

So, Natalie is giving Abby a run for her money. She has declared, "I AM the older sister, and I WILL be bigger!" Interestingly, she also seems to have become a little more aggressive with Abby. Maybe she senses she can almost take her. Abby better watch out.

Natalie has been eating really well. I think she must drink at least 20 ounces a day now. She usually drains at least 2, sometimes 3 of her bottles a day (that's 18 ounces right there). Oh, the return to Pedisure has done wonders, by the way. Just a few minor reflux spit-ups, but nothing like the two weeks of vomit. They are taking a bottle 3 times a day and usually another at nap time. They also drink from their sippy straw cups throughout the day. I still feel like they aren't eating very much real food, but it's hard to tell with all the smearing and flinging and dropping in their laps.

Abby is also eating well. She doesn't always finish her bottles but usually gets about 5 ounces from at least 3 a day. But, she tends to drink more from the sippy cup, so it makes up for it.

I'm so happy they are finally eating more like regular children. I never thought I'd see the day. They are even finally out-growing their clothes. Until the last 2 months, they have been wearing 6 months or even 3 month stuff. Now, it's 9 months and 12 months PJs. I've had a hard time putting away their clothes. I'm rather attached to a number of things. I guess it's because they wore them SOOOO long. Usually they grow so fast you don't have time to get used to any one outfit!

We have a peds appointment Friday, and I think this is the first time I'm not worried about going. I'm actually rather excited. I think the doctor will be pleased:-)

Mommy certainly is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did the doctor appointment go?
Aunt Susie