Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"New" News

I'm not in the mood for the long post needed for the Christmas update, but I wanted to record a few new things the girls are doing before I forget:-)

In the last few days, Natalie has sprouted 2 new teeth! She will now have the teeth on either side of her front two bottom teeth. As a result, however, she is constantly chewing on her fingers. I'm surprised she has any flesh left. It makes pictures difficult too, since you can't get her fingers out of her mouth. I can't blame her though. Growing teeth must really be a pain. I'm just glad that chewing her fingers is the worst of it. I'm hopeful that more teeth will mean she will eat more. Hopeful, I said, not delusional.

Abby has figured out how to go forward on her little car. It's great! I'm so proud of her. We first noticed it yesterday. It's really cute to see her do it. Natalie is going backwards on her car, which is still pretty cool. I know she will go forward any day now.

Abby is trying her hardest to talk. She is trying to repeat so many things. I swear she said rock, hot, dog, and sister in the past few days. She also babbles with lots of new vowels, my favorite being "nu-nu" - sort of like no-no, but with an uuuu sound. It's adorable. She also says, "uh-oh", which is equally as endearing.

Natalie is quieter but sometimes goes on a babbling bender - especially in the car. The other thing they do in the car sometimes is reach across and touch and hold hands. Oh my gosh - it is so sweet. Today I told them to give each other kisses - and they did - with big, sweet grins on their faces. It just melts my heart.

Adorable pictures of kissing babies to come soon....

No comments: