Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Big "P"

Well, it was back to the doctor for the girls. After nearly 3 days on antibiotics with no improvement, we had to go back.

The results: Natalie has Pneumonia - in her left lung, I think. Abby still has no discernible source of infection, but she sure feels down right icky.

I was actually expecting the pneunomia diagnosis for Abby since she appears to feel worse. She was just pitiful today, sleeping almost all day and then moaning and only wanting to be held when awake.

We have a new, stronger antibiotic which only has to be given once a day (shew) and in a lesser dose. Hopefully, we will have better luck getting it in them. Unfortunately, it is not a yummy, bubble gum flavor. It's sort of a brown, yucky, nasty color. There's no telling what it tastes like.

So, the babies are still sick, Daddy is starting to feel bad, and I think I'm taking a cold. The girls haven't been able to go stay with their grandparents, great-grandma, and aunt Susie for a week as planned, and we won't be able to start our kitchen project this weekend. I haven't been able to work all week, so Walker and Blaire's mom had been shuffling around with fill-in child-care. (You can't know how bad this makes me feel. In the over three years I worked for them before, I think I may have missed 3 days when I was sick. I feel so awful leaving a parent in a learch.)

All in all, it's been an interesting week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that you are all still sick. I was going to call and see if you wanted to hang out or get lunch tomorrow, but I guess not. Hang in there.

Love,
Amy