Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh my goodness!

I am so happy I can hardly stand it. After a week at Ya-Ya and Grandpa's and 4 days with me at Grammy and Mema's, we are finally home and I have weighed the girls. Are you ready for this....


Natalie - 19# 2 oz!!!!!

Abby - 19# 3.5 oz!!!!!

I am so excited. Remember, they lost over a pound each when they were sick. Two weeks ago Natalie weighed only 17# 10oz and Abby only 17# 11oz. They have gained 1# and 8/9 oz in two weeks. We are finally back on track.

That's the good news, of course. If I want to look at it realistically, it means they are just back at the weights they were over a month ago. January 20, they were 18$14oz and 18#11oz (Abby). So if you look at it that way, they have only gained 4 oz and 8.5 oz in a month. But, hey, that's WAY better than losing a pound in a month, so we'll take it. They are only a few ounces behind their monthly average. And they have finally officially hit 19 pounds! The big 20 is just around the corner. We can finally change the car seats around. Actually, I may do it anyway. The poor babies are tall for their 19 pounds. Last check, they were 33 inches. Their poor little legs are so squished in the rear facing seats. They have to sit in a V with their legs to the side. It can't be comfortable.

The other good news is that they have been eating really, really well. Obviously. Every time they go to Ya-Ya's it seems to jump start their eating. I don't know WHAT she does, but it works. It's like eating boot-camp. (as an aside - right now the girls are looking at a photo book. They are on a page with Ya-Ya and Grandpa and just pointing at it and laughing and smiling. It's so cute:-)) They have been doing incredibly well with their solids lately - actually since they were sick. They love sausage and any kind of fruit. Spaghetti was also a hit along with broccoli. They loved the Brunswick Stew my uncle's family made. They actually seem to enjoy foods with a lot of taste and spice. No more boring purred foods for them! On the way home yesterday, we stopped at Wendy's. I showed Abby how to dip her chicken nuggets into the honey mustard sauce. She loved it. It was funny to watch. She's take the tiniest piece of chicken and dip it, then eat it. She also enjoyed dipping the kidney beans from the chili.

They have become very independent in their eating. Natalie will still let us feed her sometimes, but Abby is very insistent on doing it herself. We are trying to work more with the fork and spoon. If you spear something, they will take the fork and eat it, but they have a hard time spearing anything themselves.

They have gotten better with their milk too. We do about 4 bottles a day, sometimes only 3 if they miss their nap on the days I babysit. But, they drink their straw cups throughout the day so I figure they get at least 24 ounces of pediasure a day now. I'm SO proud of them.

I much more to report about the girls travels and pictures to post, but I just had to share the news about their weight. Tune in soon for the Adventures of Plumpy and Pudgy!

No comments: