Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bring Out the Party Dresses!

On May 1, we attended our first official birthday party (for another child). Our dear friend, Bean (a nickname), was turning 6 the next day. Her party was a wonderful affair in her dad's back yard complete with cardboard house painting, trampoline jumping, a water balloon toss and the most sturdy pinata I have ever seen. (It took 3 rounds of about 16 kids wacking it with a metal bat before it cracked!)

Despite my personal inclinations against anything dressy, it was actually really fun dressing the girls in their "party" dresses. My mom bought these adorable dresses and I couldn't think of any better place to wear them. I've started avoiding dressing them the same anymore because they look SO much a like now, I have a hard time telling them apart in pictures. So, for my sanity - and your - I fixed their hair differently. Natalie has the two little pig tails and Abby the pony tail and blue bow.

Most of the games were geared to the older kids, but Natalie and Abby had a great time just wandering around. Abby found a Curious George monkey in the house and attached herself to it. She carried it around most of the party. It was really funny to me since we were at Steve's house 3 times a week and she had never paid much attention to the monkey. Maybe she felt like she needed a date for the party!

I took some great pictures of the girls. It was a beautiful day and the girls looked beautiful (if I may sayAdd Image so:-) Enjoy!

Natalie and Abby

1 comment:

Destine said...

So sweet babies!! I love their cute dresses!! Lovely pictures!