Friday, October 26, 2007

Look Ma - no hands!!


First of all - let's all take a moment and be thankful I didn't post MY picture wearing this contraption.

So - what is that thing, you ask. Well, it's my new time-saving toy. It's a hands-free breast pumping bra. It's wraps around (gotta love Velcro) and the sucker cups go through these littles holes and... Well, you get the picture. It really does work. I can do things with my hands - such as type - as I am right now. Actually, using pump time to blog was part of the reason I bought it. That and trying to not develop carpel tunnel syndrome. I can also play with the babies in a limited way if I need to - at least enough to comfort them.

While on the subject...remember the freezers full of breast milk? ALL GONE. There are two little bags left in my freezer that I'm saving for an emergency. Last week was awful. I've always had a ton of milk, and suddenly, it seemed to disappear. I was freaking out. Not only did I feel guilty for not having pumped more in the weeks before, I was imaging the $500 a month we'd have to spend in formula. It was awful.

Fortunately my mom was here two weekends ago and while she and Ben concentrated on feeding the girls, I pumped all the time. That wasn't much fun either. But it was more fun than running out of milk. The good news is it seemed to do the trick. Things are better now. The children won't starve. This is very good.

No comments: