Tuesday, October 2, 2007

If wishes were nickels...

I'd hire someone to get up at 5am to feed the girls!!! That 5am feed is a killer. I'm okay until the 2am - since I'm a night owl anyway, but then I am more than ready for bed. The 5am is supposed to be Ben's shift, but sometimes it's just too much. He has to go to bed by 10ish pm to feel good enough to do it, so sometimes, I pitch in. I can't blame him. It's just awful. Who said babies need to eat every 3 hours anyways?? They don't seem to mind. They sleep right on through. As a matter of fact, our schedule was off Saturday and Sunday because feeds took longer than usual. I was trying to get back on schedule and was supposed to get up at 3am Sunday morning so they could eat at 5:30am, and then back on schedule at 8am. Somehow, my alarm didn't go off. Next thing I knew, Ben was waking me at 5am asking me if the girls needed feeding. They never even noticed.

All in all things are still good. We have the most ridiculous schedule of doctor appointments. It seems we are there every other day. It's rather ironic, actually. The whole idea of preemies is to keep them away from everyone. So, we have appointments in hospitals and doctor's offices surrounded by who knows what. To make it worse, it's the Children's Hospital and Pediatrician, so we're surrounded by little kids and all their germs. I'm not sure it's a very good system.

Keeping the girls well, notwithstanding, we are happy to receive visitors: well, not sick hand-washing visitors:-) If you are sick, were just sick, or in the close vicinity of someone who is sick, please come another day. You definately want to call first though. See above rant on doctors' appointments.

I know I've promised pictures. It just takes time to pick them and post them and time is a little short right now. I will get to it - I promise...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh the ever changing schedule! I remember the days. I love the family picture...your girls are just beautiful! I know it's good to be home and getting a routine of your very own. We want to visit soon. We'll call you to make sure it's a good time.