Saturday, October 13, 2007

What were they thinking...

This is totally unrelated to anything baby but I just couldn't resist. I saw an advertisement for this show...

"The Most Smartest Model"

Seriously. I'm not kidding. I'm not sure if this is irony or what. The goal is for the models, stereotypically not the brightest bunch, to convince the host they are the "most smartest". Who thinks of these things?

So, for those confused as to why I find this hysterical...an English lesson.

One can not be the "most smartest" anything. One is either the "most smart" or the "smartest". To be the "most smartest" is redundant - and terrible grammar. Perhaps the first challenge of the show is for the contestants to figure out the title of the show is grammatically incorrect!

Perhaps the show should be called, "the most smartest copy-editor, producer, or tv executive"!

No comments: