Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Sister, My Friend


I think Abby has developed a real fondness for her sister. In the past two days, she has done the sweetest things.

One day this week, Abby got up from her nap before Natalie. Daddy came in and asked her where her sister was. Abby turned around, walked down the hall into her room, went straight to Natalie's crib, reached through the bars and grabbed her foot. Not only did she understand what Ben asked her, she knew exactly where to find her sister. It was so incredibly sweet.

Yesterday, Abby and Natalie were playing around us. (Ben was on the couch and I was in the big recliner) All of a sudden, Abby leaned into Natalie's back (she was facing away from her), wrapped her arms around her and gave her a hug. A real, deliberate hug by choice and without prompting. I loved it.

Today, when I first put them down for their nap, I could hear them moving around and making noise. I peaked in and they were standing end to end in their cribs laughing at each other and touching hands. When playing tonight they would also crawl on each other and laugh and giggle. They also spend a lot of time putting their fingers in each other's mouths. I'm not sure why someone hasn't lost a finger yet.

I just love that they are developing such affection for each other. It melts my heart. I want so much for them to be close and the best of friends. I want them to be their own persons and have their own personalities and seek their own independence, but I also want them to have that special bond that exists between sisters and between twins.

I just love that my girls love each other :-)

No comments: