Friday, June 8, 2007

Friday, Day 24

This is actually a report from Thursday - it just happens to be after midnight. The news is good.

Natalie
Little Natalie continues to do well. She is still off her dopamine. Her lungs looked a little expanded on her chest x-ray which only means she doesn't need as much pressure on her vent. So, they turned it down. Because of it though, they decided to rest her another day before starting her feeds. She is still having episodes of desating, but generally is doing well.

Abigail
Abby has had us worried - even me, and I'm not really a worrier. I prayed and prayed last night (Wednesday night) that God would touch and heal her little lungs and blow into them His breath of healing. I know so many other people are praying too, and He must have heard, because she's doing better.

Instead of the steroids, they decided to give her serphatan (I think this is naturally produced in the lungs, but her was assumed low). She then began doing much better. Her oxygen has been between 25% - 40% which is a significant improvement. Her chest x-ray looked better than it had in weeks. She's also peeing well.

We are so grateful for this improvement. Keep on praying!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abby,
I'm so glad you are doing better. I thought about you alot yesterday and I lifted up many little prayers for you!
Christie