Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Final Countdown

The news continues to be that the girls are homeward bound. The latest word is Tuesday. We would start the rooming-in Sunday evening and go home sometime Tuesday - hopefully in the morning.

Just a quick Mommy and Daddy update:
Ben's 33rd birthday was Saturday and to celebrate and in honor of the girls, we attended a March of Dimes walk/run. We found out about it through Aunt Reagan, athlete extrordinarie and runner of marathons and triathlons, who had signed up to run the 5K in honor of the girls. After her main event (where she placed 2nd in her age group), Reagan, Uncle Jeff, Ben and I walked the 1 mile. In case you didn't know, the March of Dimes is responsible for a great deal of funding and research for preemies. It seemed like the right thing to do.

Saturday evening, Mommy left for Luray, VA to my dad's place. His church (he's a minister, FYI) was having a shower for the girls on Sunday, which happened to coincide with Grandparents Day. A tangent here, if you please: as much as Hallmark, etc. completely commercializes every holiday, somehow Grandparents Day has been completely overlooked. If the shower hadn't been on that day, I would have completely missed it. I actually feel quite bad about it since it was everyone's first one. I promise to be more on the ball from now on. Grandparents: you can look forward to cheesy art work stamped with little hands and feet, Popsicle stick napkin holders and an array of mugs, calendars, mouse pads, and t-shirts all plastered with grinning baby faces. End of Tangent...

After the shower Sunday, I headed to my mom's to visit my grandmother in the hospital. She fell about two weeks ago and broke her tailbone, which if you've ever injured it, you know it is extremely painful. I figured it would be my last chance for a while. It was a great visit and Mema will be home this week.

The days since have been spent preparing for the girls. Realizing that we STILL lacked enough storage in their room, an additional shelving unit was purchased. I'm currently in the middle of putting up all the great gifts from my recent two showers and weeding out the preemie clothes my giant children can no longer wear. There's still a long list of to-do stuff and the countdown as begun.

Just a note: I've been asked so I thought I'd mention that I intend to continue this blog and the picture site (which I know is delinquent) even after the girls come home. I enjoy it and I know now so many of you are addicted to it like your morning cup of coffee, therefore I hate to disappoint. I can't promise daily entries, after all I will have two babies, but I will update. Be aware that you may begin to find sleep-deprived rambling, incoherent babbles or blatent calls for help. For instance, if you check the blog and find: "3 am, babi no slep plse heeelp" - you may want to drop by and make sure I'm still here.

:-)

No comments: