Thursday, September 13, 2007

Showers of Blessing

I wanted to take a moment to thank all the people who have been so generous in showering the girls with so many beautiful gifts. We have actually been blessed to have 3 showers.

The first shower, back in June, was at the beach with my family was not only a surprise but great fun. If you need any ideas for shower games in the future (that are cool and not stupid), give me a call. My cousin, Amye, had the best ideas. Amye also brought the most beautiful cake I'd ever seen. I've save the top for the girls first birthday cake. It was so much fun to celebrate with family, and we were very touched.

The second party was hosted a few weeks ago by the Ladies Tuesday morning Bible Study at our church, HillSong. I had been babysitting for the kids of the group each Tuesday morning since the fall. These godly women were instrumental in Ben and I deciding to return to HillSong, the church I found when I first moved to Chapel Hill and the church in which we were married. After seeing these women every week and experiencing their love and friendship, we were reminded of the incredible people we loved at HillSong and decided to return. These ladies have been praying for the girls since the beginning. Several of them visited me while in the hospital after their birth and have been to visit the girls. Their kindness has been inspirational, and we are so grateful.

Finally, this past Sunday, my father's church, Leaksville UCC, hosted a beautiful gathering in honor of the girls and Grandparents Day. Everyone contributed to the delicious potluck lunch and it seemed, to the piles and piles of gifts. It was amazing. In a way, I'm so glad the girls weren't home yet so I could go and experience the kindness and thoughtfulness of so many. It was humbling. From the banners and balloons to the adorable "cake" made of diapers, receiving blankets and topped with a stuffed lamb, the afternoon was wonderful. It was a joy to be around people who have treated my dad and Peggy so well and who have welcomed me into their church as if I were one of their own. Thank you so much for opening your hearts to us.

In addition to the shower gifts, we have received presents from friends and family and even people we've never met. One of Grandpa's colleagues made beautiful blankets for the girls. Poppy's colleagues also sent a gift of money. People have been so kind and generous, and it has all been so appreciated. As the girls grow, we will tell them of all the people who prayed for them and treated them with such kindness and thoughtfulness. With grateful hearts, we thank you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys! The nursery is beautiful...love the closet! Very organized! We can't wait to meet the girls! You'll have to let us know when it's ok to visit. Have a great weekend preparing...
Christie