Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday - Rooming In - 10pm

So - 48 hours and counting. Mommy has been here forever. I has a little break this evening for about 3 hours. I went with my mom to dinner, to Walmart quickly and home to grab a few things. So that means Daddy took care of the girls all by himself from about 6:30-9:30PM. HE DID GREAT!!! Now he's superdaddy!

We added Abby to the room last night. The monitor people FINALLY showed up about 9:30 to show us how to use them. We also received our milk pumping system yesterday afternoon. It's pretty easy to use. We'll have our own hospital at home!

The girls are so good. They aren't crying babies at all. They get a little fussy and uncomfortable at times, but sleep quite well. We have to wake them up every 3 hours to eat. They didn't wake me up at all last night, so I actually got some sleep. By some, I mean between 12 and 12pm, I had about 6 hours of sleep. Not too bad. Ben will be here tonight so maybe by splitting the work we will get more sleep. Or maybe since someone has to sleep in the recliner chair - no one will get any sleep!

We had a little bad news today. Because of a brady and a lips-turning-blue episode, they have decided to keep Abby a few more days. We will still get take Natalie home tomorrow (Wednesday). We are a little sad to leave Abby at the hospital. We had picked out the cutest coordinating outfits for them to wear home. *sigh* But, it will only be a few more days. She'll probably come home Friday or Saturday. It will also give us a chance to settle into a routine with Natalie and then plug Abby into it when she comes home.

We've had moderate success giving bottles today. I just don't understand why they won't eat. Honestly, neither do the doctors. I really hope they will get it once they come home.

When I dropped by the house this evening, I went into their room. I can really imagine our little girls lying in their crib. Everything is ready for them. We are so excited to have finally arrived at this moment.

Tomorrow will likely be an impatient waiting game. It will be at least 2ish before we leave. Of course, it may take that long to pack up all the stuff in our room!!

Now for the night shift...nite-nite

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One good thing about having a nicu baby(s) is that when you finally get them home, they are already on a schedule!!! The transition from hospital to home was so smooth for us. I know it will be for you too!
Christie