Sunday, September 30, 2007

Hail, Hail the Gang's all Here!!!


Finally, finally, after months and months, our two beautiful girls are both home and our family is complete! Poppy and Nanny arrived Thursday and were amazing helping out this weekend. One would think that more people would allow time for more blogging - not so much. I'm very behind, so sit back for an update!

Abby's Homecoming!

After 137 days, Abby came home Friday afternoon about 3:00pm weighing a 8 lbs 2 oz! Checking her out was very fast. Since we had already done all our training at DRH, there was little to do but take her home. We finally met Dr. Malcolm, who is just wonderful. I'm excited about seeing him again in Clinic with the girls.

Our homecoming was smaller for Abby than Natalie. Poor Abby - already victim to second child syndrome. Poppy and Nanny were here and I did make an effort to take lots of pictures. Our first victory once home was Nanny feeding Abby a bottle and having her take 67ml of 75ml!!!! That's more than she's EVER taken at one time. Ben laughingly suggested we should call Dr. Malcolm and tell him. A little later, the more I thought about it, the better I like the idea. So, in a silly mommy moment, I did:-) She did really well for the first day or so, but the last few feeds has only taken 30ish. But, that's better than at the hospital so at least we are making progress. She's up to 75mls a day!

The girls were absolutely precious together. It's so wonderful having them together. They are so beautiful lying next to each other in their crib. So far, they seem to rest well together. We have had a great time playing on the floor with them, snuggling, and being a family.

The girls seem to be enjoying life as well. Of course, Poppy and Nanny were here through Sunday. Grandpa and Ya-Yai came over Saturday afternoon as well. Needless to say, they have been well pampered, held and loved.

As of Friday afternoon, Natalie weighed in at 6 lbs 10oz. She hasn't gained as quickly as in the hospital, but then again, she's doing more now. It doesn't take much energy to stare at the ceiling and sleep. Last week the doctor had us add Elecare to Natalie's milk for extra calories. Hopefully she will put on weight faster. She also seems to have gotten the hang of the bottle! She has been tube free for about 2 days and taking all her feeds by mouth! Occasionally, she doesn't take a full feed, but we are trying to give her 60mls each time to make up for what she missed.

So - the short of it is - everything is going quite well. Ben will be home Monday and drop us off at the doctors at Duke Tuesday morning. He'll work half a day (since that's how long we'll be at the doctor!), and pick us up when we are done. He'll work from home the rest of the day. I'm not sure about the rest of the week. I might be on my own!! I'm kind-of looking forward to it though. Me and my girls:-)

I'll try to do better posting. I also have tons of pictures that need to go up. I know I said I would do it a few says ago, but hey, I have two babies! Gimmie a break:-)

No comments: