Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Catching up...

Okay - I've been kind of slack in posting. It's been a busy week. I was out of town Sunday through Thursday. Thursday evening my mom and mema arrived and stayed until Sunday. Then on Saturday, I started getting sick with a cold and then developed a fever yesterday. I think I'm on the mend, but it's been pretty crazy. But, I have been busy posting and uploading pictures, so be sure to check the picture site. I'll have more videos soon. They take forever to load though.

So - now for the updates.

The girls keep growing and growing. The nurses at Duke said they would hit a point and just start gaining and gaining. I think they are there.

Abby:
Sun - 1584g
Mon - 1624g (3.9lbs)

Natalie
Sun - 1281g
Mon - 1302g (2lbs 13.9oz)

Natalie remains about a half a pound behind. They are both doing really well with their bottle feedings. Friday, Natalie was moved to 3 hour feedings and now is feed at 8,11,2,5... Abby is feed at 12,3,6,9,... Both are taking full bottles occasionally. I think they are being feed by bottle at least once per shift - which means 3 times a day. I really want to work on breastfeeding again as soon as I am well. I haven't seen the girls since Friday. Of course, I was out-of-town before that, so our practice schedule has been all messed up. Hopefully, in a few days I can visit again everyday and start practicing every day. Mommy needs as much practice as they do!

No comments: