Monday, July 9, 2007

Not for the faint at heart...

If you have a vivid imagination and a weak stomach, you may want to skip this one.

Yesterday, Abby had the biggest projectile poop! After being held by Ben for over an hour, I was changing her diaper. I had her little bottom up in the air and squiiiirt - poop straight out hitting the end of the isolette 6-8 inches away. I thought it was pretty funny. Ben had to walk to the other side of the room. Welcome to parenthood, darling! I do have to say the best part was being able to leave the majority of the mess for the nurse to clean up. I did clean Abby up and put some clean blankets under her, and of course, put on a new diaper. I would have cleaned it up more, but I really didn't know where to put the dirty stuff. Fortunately Abby was due for a new bed anyway. So, even thought I really didn't know where to put the mess, it was nice not to worry about it. I figure I have my fair share of dirty clothes, blankets, and maybe even walls to clean up!

1 comment:

Donna Thompson said...

Hello everyone,

It is great to hear that the girls are doing so well and to see how beautiful they are in pictures. I couldn't help but laugh about the poop. And about that river you guys live on, it must be crowded because I'm pretty sure we live there ourselves. Like you, I believe it is faith that gets us through. Also, like you, Jessica and I are optimistic about all the things that are going on with our guy and know that there will be bumps in the road. One of the residents told us a few days ago that we hit a speed bump. I'll tell you it feels like one of those wide ones. You know the ones that are a long car length in width though - I'm sure you know what I mean. And for those who believe that living on the river is a bad thing - let them come every day and deal with what we deal with and I bet they pack their bags and move in with us. Is it faith, is it denial, who knows, more over WHO CARES. We do what we have to do to get to from this moment to the next.

So keep up your bank of the river in NICU and we'll keep up ours in PICU and we will all keep up the faith.

Lots of prayers and good thoughts your way

Donna Thompson, Jacob Rice's Noni (Ok, the poor kid has 4 sets of grandparents, I had to come up with something different.)