Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!!

I know I don't post here much, but I wanted to give a quick shout-out to my father, Richard, and Johelen's dad, Eddie. Happy Fathers Day! You both are great examples of what being a father truly means and it makes me want to be a better father and husband myself. Thank-you for being you.
I'm a very lucky man to be the father of such wonderful babies. This morning I read a story of a man who has been through the same things Johelen and I have been through with our girls. By the end I was in tears (although it doesn't take much for me anymore). I really recommend reading his story.
I also got two wonderful gifts from Natalie and Abigail, although I think Mommy helped out a little. It's their footprints with a poem underneath which I also got last year from the nurses in the ICN. This time the footprints from last year are superimposed on the footprints from this year...it is amazing how much they've grown. Anyways, the poem reads:
I've come so far in just a year, when I had such tiny feet.
Since then I've learned to crawl and stand, and even how to eat!
I've followed you so far this year, and you've always led the way.
I couldn't ask for a better Daddy, to guide me every day.
I'm learning and I'm growing as each day goes past.
Keep walking up ahead of me, but still, please don't go too fast.
I love you Daddy!

I have such a wonderful wife and two awesome kids! I must admit both of my girls have excellent handwriting and they have that poetic-rhyming thing going on as well. Perhaps a couple poet laureates in our future?

No comments: