Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A little weigh-in

I was getting curious, and decided to give the girls a quick weigh-in after their bath this morning.

Natalie weighed 14lbs 11.5oz and Abby 15lb 10.5 oz! This is great. We last weighed at the doctor's office on May 20 - exactly weeks ago. Natalie then weighed 14.1 lbs and Abby 15.1 lbs. If our scales are close to theirs, this is really great progress.

When I look back at our last home scale readings, they are still pretty good. We last weighed them at home on April 29 - 6 weeks ago. Natalie was 13 lbs 11.5 oz and Abby 14 lbs 13.5oz. So Nat has gained exactly a pound in 6 weeks, and Abby just under a pound.

I'm actually kind of surprised to see Natalie gaining faster. It always seems like she eats less. I'd be thrilled, however, if she caught up to Abby a little more. For some reason, I always feel bad that she's a little smaller - especially because she's older (by a whole minute!). My younger sister is at least 3 inches taller than me, and it's never seemed fair.

Their weight gain isn't the 8 oz a week "they" want, but it's consistent with their 4oz gain so this is very good. They really are growing up.

No comments: