Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Third Times a Charm

This is a very long over due-post about our first-year picture taking experiences. Back in May, I wrote about our terrible experience at the Target Studio. What I've delayed in telling is about our second misadventure with Target and our final successful experience at Sears.

As I mentioned in my initial "we hate Target" post, I had forgotten our coupon and had to return the next day to bring it and choose our pictures. While reviewing them, the guy asked me if we'd be willing to take them again. He said he just wasn't "feeling it" with the pictures we were reviewing. I told him the whole story of our awful experience and said yes, we would come back and try again. I was excited because the guy was really nice and I thought he would do a great job. I'm not sure what happened but by the time we returned a few days later, he was just as un-excited and uninspiring as the first lady.

We did get a few shots, but honestly, I think I liked the first ones better. Unfortunately, he had already erased that session. But, we picked a few shots and at least got a couple of family pictures from the whole experience.

I still wasn't happy though. I wanted one-year old birthday pictures of the girls. I went through my coupon stash and as a last ditch effort, I made an appointment at the Sears Portrait Studio. Jackpot.

Our photographer, Jessica, was amazing. She did everything right and the pictures of the girls are amazing. She worked with us forever, let me loose on the editing computer, and I spent a large sum of money on pictures AND the CD. So, so, so sad for Target. I will only go to Sears in the future. I am saddened, however, to have learned a few days ago that our dear Jessica is moving to a store in Fayetteville. I am very sad. We will still try Sears again, but if the pictures aren't good, we just might drive to Fayetteville.

I was so happy to finally get good pictures of the girls. The pictures are now actually posted on the Phanfare site. You can look at them all and order or print at your leisure. For now, take a peak here:-)
(Nat is in the pink outfit and Abby in the pokadots)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!!
Christie

my life: said...

I love the photo's! As I'm reading that you have had your own poor experience with portrait studio's, I would love to share mine with you! (just to show you that you are not alone) If you enter my blog, go to the archives and go to March, scroll down to "My portrait experience; I promise it will either bring you laughter or tears!
I am not a mother of multiples, I do however, have 3 (almost 2 year olds) that are all the same age!
enjoy, amber