Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Weight and Teeth

So, we panicked a little yesterday. I'm still not happy about the weight loss and zero weight gain for Natalie, but we've decided to do what all good parents do - blame it on teething. Ben did a little research and it turns out that loss of appetite can be a teething side effect. Somewhere in my head, I'd heard this, but in the panic of the moment, I forgot. Of course, I'm not sure what that means for babies who will continue to get teeth for the next year and yet desperately need to eat as much as possible.

I did stay up a 2am bottle in addition to the 11pm bottle. They ate both very well, so I guess we will keep doing it. Whatever it takes.


One funny follow-up: I mentioned the girls really like holes now - ears, holes in shirts, the paci...That also includes noses. Natalie and Abby are now nose-pickers. At least they aren't trying to eat the buggers yet.

No comments: