Friday, August 24, 2007

It costs HOW MUCH???

So, we received an Explanation of Benefits from our insurance company today for Abigail's charges. Anybody want to guess???


Wait for it............$377,862.06. Once again. $377,862.06. The best part is the plan liability part - $0. Total Patient Responsibility - $377,862.06. Obviously this isn't correct. Oh, and the best I can tell, that's only through July 11. Interestingly, one of the largest charges is $45,470.00 for drugs. I've been trying to talk to Abby about that crack habit.

We haven't seen all the bills from Duke yet. I'm wondering if this is even correct. I guess we'll see. All I can say, regardless of its issues, is thank God for health insurance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that we haven't written to tell you how much we are praying for you guys but you have been in our prayers and in those of our church members. We love reading your updates and looking at your pictures. Oh, and by the way, Uncle Reggie says that we will be sure to pray that your little girls will really suck!!! :0)
Aunt Sue and Uncle Reggie