Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Rays of Hope

Today was a good day. I let the kids sleep in and they started stirring about 10:15. Rather than fight with the 10am feed, we tried a little cereal instead. They have eaten fairly well today, especially Natalie.

We had some good news today though. We were able to get an appointment with UNC Special Infant Care Clinic for next Thursday. *THANK YOU ADAM!!* We are very please Maybe they will have a different opinion or view of things. Maybe they will have had an experience with babies like Natalie and Abby. Maybe they will say the exact same thing as the Duke doctors. In either case, at least we will feel like we tried something and it will help settle our minds.

I also received an email from Dr. Patel at Clinic 4 Kidz. I wasn't expecting to hear from them for weeks. She said she would call me sometime this week. That's VERY encouraging. I'm hoping they will be sympathetic to our desire to AVOID a g-tube and try to work us in. All that is if they even work with babies at all.

I have also found a preemie forum support group. I am gathering some good information on others experiences and it's very helpful to me.

Today really has been a good day. The girls (and mommy) took a 2 hour nap this afternoon. They are responding well to their nap schedule. Getting them to sleep at bedtime is challenging at times, but they are getting the hang of it. Yeah babies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad yesterday was a better day for you! I said a little prayer that today will be even better.
Christie