Thursday, November 22, 2007

Girls' First Thanksgiving

As Ben and I spent a few minutes debriefing before bed, he asked me what made this day a success. I replied that everyone was fed. His answer was, "we survived!" I guess with all that's going on that is a small miracle.

I actually wasn't especially stressed about Thanksgiving. So what if the house is a mess, the kitchen floor gross and 12 people are coming over. Whatever. I refused to let it bother me. I had my family to cook so it wasn't just me and Ben. We didn't even get started until nearly 1pm. We did a ham and a hen and a bunch of sides. Ben's mom brought some things and Reagan brought several desserts including pecan pie - Ben's favorite. My sister made some low-cal, splenda pumpkin pie which was quite good. I figured we'd eat when it was ready so it didn't stress me much at all. In the end we ate around 6ish and it was all delicious. The good thing about having a dinner at your house is that you get to keep all the leftovers! Mmmmmmmm.


In the end, we had 13 people - and two little people. We were joined by Ben's parents, grandmother, Jeff and Reagan, and Reagan;s dad. On my side we had my dad and step-mom, my step-sister, Loren, my sister, and our little friend Elianna who just turned 11 and who Abigail is named after. Elianna's dad, Adam, also joined us for a little while. We missed my mom and grandma though. It was kind-of crazy and crowded but mostly good. The girls were very well entertained.


It's hard to believe Natalie and Abigail's first Thanksgiving has come and gone. We dressed them in the most beautiful fall dresses my mom bought for them. They were so beautiful and looked like such big girls. They are really the best babies. All those people and they never really fussed or cried. We made sure they had some down time and quiet naps, but they did so well.

All in all, it was a wonderful day, and we truly have so much for which to be thankful. God is very good, and we are very grateful.

No comments: