Monday, November 5, 2007

First Road Trip

I've been absent in posting because our routine is a little different. Aunt Kimberly arrived Friday morning and we left town (finally) about 1:30 for our 5 hour trip to my mom and grandma's. It only took 8 hours. Why you ask? Well, when you stop every two hours to feed babies and it takes about 45 minutes each time, it adds some time. Bt we finally arrived and the look on Mema's face was worth it.

Normally, we wouldn't travel so far with the babies, but Mema fell about 2 months ago and can't travel yet. It had been so long since she'd seen the babies. It was just so important for them to be together.

It was great having Aunt Kimmy and my mom to help over the weekend. Kimberly had to go back Sunday, but Mom continues to be very helpful. I've even had long stretches of sleep. I think my mom is getting tired though. We are supposed to stay until Saturday, but secretly she may want to us to leave earlier so she can get some rest! (She'll kill me in protest when she reads this:-))

Since we are here, that obviosuly means Ben is home alone. He has been enjoying his rest, but he misses us quite a bit. Anyone want to place bets as to whether or not he comes to get us BEFORE Friday? I get half the take.

My mom, being the resourceful person she is, set us up with an appointment with the infant massage therapist at the Childen's Developmental Services Agency (CDSA). I have a case manager for the girls in Durham, but the one here has the only licensed massage therapist in the state. And, my mom just so happened to have worked with her before. It's great being connected! It was really great and the girls did great. They were so good we fit what would normally be 4 sessions into one hour. She was abe to show us massage for the whole body. I video taped it so I could remember the techniques later. I'm very excited about and hope it will help their gassiness, reflux and digestion.

I will try to keep up with posting this week. I was hoping to work on pictures this week too, but they aren't on this laptop, so you will all just have to wait. If I can post any I'm taking this week I will.

Thanks for tuning in!!

No comments: