Saturday, November 24, 2007

Got milk?

'Cause I don't. Where it went - I have no idea. In the last 4-5 days, my milk has taken a vacation. Ben even stayed home Wednesday so I could pump as much as possible. It seemed like I pumped all day - almost every two hours. I was managed to at least keep up between feeds, but then we had to start pulling our reserve milk from the freezer. Today, we went to all formula since we only have one little 6oz bag in freezer. It's been awful. Last time this happened, I pumped a lot over a weekend and it came back full throttle. This time, it doesn't seem to be working. I don't know what the problem is.

Most people are coming down on the side of stress, and I suppose that's possible. The problem is the less milk I get the more stressed I get. I read something about the thyroid affecting milk production. I did have an under-active thyroid that really needs rechecking. If my milk doesn't return by Monday, I'll probably see a doctor.

No comments: