Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Few Firsts

To be honest - this post is more for my "bookkeeping" records than anything else. I've been terrible about their baby books so this is they way I keep up with all their little firsts - some of which will seem silly to others. Bear with me...

April 18 - First dinner out with the girls! With Aunt Kimmy, we dined at PF Changs. Abby had missed her nap earlier in the day, so she basically slept in her car seat the whole time. Natalie was awake and was so cute. We put her in a high chair and pulled her up to the table. It was so funny to see her. The high chairs are designed for children a good 6 inches taller or more. She was so little sitting at the table. Her little head barely came up over the table. We feed her a little rice, which she seemed to like. She was very, very good. She didn't cry or make much noise at all. She just looked around and checked everything out.

April 21 - This was a big day!
-- I first noticed Natalie pushing her knees straight and balancing on her feet while in a crawling position. It's a hard position to describe (or to catch on camera). My SIL, Reagan, informs me that in Yoga it's called the "dog-down" position. Hope that helps some of you...It's really cute though and Abby had been doing for several days, so I thought I'd write it down.

-- Found Natalie pulled to her knees in her crib. - with no way to get down, I might add. I had to lay her down - over and over and over for several days until she figured out how to sit back down herself.

-- First trip to Beth and Adam's and family. Aunt Kimberly generously took the girls out for the evening while Ben and I went to dinner. (We were craving Red Robin..yummmm). Later we were shocked to hear that Natalie cried the whole time! The whole time someone had to walk her around away from the room where everyone was hanging out. It was very odd since the girls never cry and haven't shown any stranger fear. I'm not sure what was going on.

Interestingly, when Ben and I went to their house for dinner the next week, she did the same thing! She didn't cry the whole time, but at first, she was very unhappy. We were quite perplexed. At first we thought it was their dog, a beautiful golden retriever. So, she was put outside. Later though, Jasmine came back in and Natalie was very excited to touch her and pull her hair. We're still not sure what the fuss was about.

We have been getting out more with the girls. I even took them with me to get my hair cut. (Once again Natalie was fussy.) We've been to Target and Kroger's (where 3 people came up to them and touched them!!!) They do really well. I've got some errands to run Tuesday, so we may hit Walgreens and Michael's craft store. Look out - Babies on the move!

No comments: