Monday, May 5, 2008

For the love of a twin...


It really is just delightful having twins. One of my favorite things is watching Natalie and Abigail play together and love each other.

Today, Ben observed the cutest thing. I was in the office with the door closed. Ben crawled down the hall with the girls and opened the door so they could peek in. After a quick visit, they all scooted back down the hall. After Ben closed my door, Abby stayed and kept patting the door trying to open it. Ben was already at the other end of the hall and Natalie was crawling towards him. Then she stopped, looked back and saw Abby patting the door. She looked at Ben, then at Abby and turned around and crawled back to her sister. Natalie then "helped" Abby with her efforts to open the door by helping her pat on it too.

I didn't get to see it, but I can imagine it, and it just brings tears to my eyes. I love the way they look for each other. I love the way they reach for each other. I love the way they crawl all over each other and suck on each other's heads. When one cries, the other turns her head. It's really a beautiful, beautiful thing to watch.

My hope is that they will always have a special bond. I hope they will be the best of friends and take care of each other. I can't wait for their special "twin language" to begin. Just watching them together makes my heart sing.

No comments: