Sunday, March 23, 2008

IOU - our tab is running...




My sister has been here for a few days for Easter. Kimberly is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, but more importantly, she is a professional child care consultant and sleep trainer. As I mentioned previously, the girls' nap schedule has been erratic and putting them to bed at night has been awful. When she arrived, we decided it was time to sleep train.

I must say, my babies are the smartest in the world. Of course there was a little crying, but tonight, after only 4 days, they were asleep within 5 minutes of being put in their beds. My sister is a genius. So far, her system is virtually fail-proof. She's even sleep-trained babies who have been through the Ferber Clinic. She is working on a web-based consulting business - www.parentingunlimited.com. It's not up yet, but if you have kids I would bookmark it for future use.

As far as our tab...her usual rate is $500 a night. She was here two nights and two days. I figure we owe her about $2000. I'm hoping we will get a 99% discount.

I have to say, however, I can fully understand why people hire her. Babies that sleep are worth every penny - so is my sister:-)

No comments: