Tuesday, March 11, 2008

That's What you get for Panicking

The doctor's assistant called me Monday and it was far better than I expected. She said there was no need to do anything drastic. Kids get sick and lose weight. We just need to work on getting them back to eating like they wore and weight them in about two weeks to make sure they've started gaining weight. Eventually, they would catch back up.

WOW! I was so surprised. I was completely prepared to haul the girls in for a painful, tearful tube decision. That's what I get for panicking. I've never really been one for excessive worrying and panic. Family members have had biopsys and PET scans and other tests, and honestly, I just don't worry about it until the results come back and I need to. My mema has always said, "show me how worrying helps and I'll worry for you!". I kind of live by that. HOWEVER, I was in full-out panic mode Friday and Saturday. And, it was all for nothing.

In any event, I'm so happy the girls are clear to recover without drastic intervention. They are doing so much better. Sunday they finally started playing and eating better. They are a little weak and their muscle tone is a little low, so we have to go back to working on that. Natalie is not sitting up as well as before and Abby isn't "crawling" backwards around the room as well. But, they are getting their strength back and eating quite well.

Speaking of eating, I think I mentioned before, but just call me Martha Stewart! Homemade applesauce is a huge hit! Natalie absolutely loves it. She grabs at the spoon tries to put it in her mouth. Abby is less enthusiastic, but still shows more interest than she did in anything else.

We have also tried some yogurt, but they don't like that quite as much. And, no, I didn't make that from scratch! I will try some pears shortly and see how they like those.

It's really nice to have my smiling and laughing babies back. Today, we all lay on the floor and I read them books. Abby would just cackle every time I turned a page. She was so funny. I really missed their personalities while they were sick. Although, now I do kind of miss their really long naps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys are feeling better and getting back to normal. It's hard for us mommies NOT to worry when something isn't right w/our little ones!
Christie