Monday, March 31, 2008

Weigh-In

We had a doctor's appointment today for their monthly synegis shot (for RSV) and a weight check. Heavyweight Abigail weighed in at 6375g or 14lb 0.8oz. In the lightweight category, Natalie is 5935g or 13lb 1.45oz.

In general, this is good news. They have gained very well since their last visit on March 7 which was post-illness. Abby was then 12.11lb - up 1.5 lbs. Natalie was last 11.132lbs - up 1.4lbs. That's really good for 3 weeks and 3 days.

However, when you at the specifics, it doesn't look as good. They were at the pediatrician Feb 28 - pre-sickness. Abby then weighed 13.84lbs. So, she's only really gained about 8-9 oz in a month. Natalie was 12.66lb. She's gained about 11-12 oz. I guess it's not too bad really. If they had stayed on their previous curve, they would have gained a little over a pound each. So, I guess they are only down from 4-7oz.

The bad part is that they have nearly stopped eating again, especially for me. I am most distressed. They will eat okay for Ben, but I can barely get 80mls in them. I'd like to think it's because they have colds, but somehow I don't think so. We are back to the crying, fighting, squirming behavior. Their totals have been really down. Abby didn't even hit 500mls yesterday.

I keep thinking that one day I will get to stop worrying about how much they eat and how much they weigh. I really dread feeding times. They are the worst times of the day. The only time I don't hate it is the last feed, when they are asleep. It's the only time they don't fight me tooth and nail.

No comments: