Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mommy's Frustrations

Well, it seems I spoke too soon about the miracle of the babies' eating. They are reverting to their old ways: the struggling, the crying, the barely eating. Mommy is frustrated, annoyed and did I mention frustrated. I can barely get them to eat anything. Fortunately, Daddy has better luck. But, since I have the girls for at least two feeds on my own, it does not make make for a happy day for Mommy.

On a very slightly good note: When at their 7ish feeding tonight, they refused to eat, I tried some baby sweet potatoes instead. To my great surprise, they ended up eating the whole jar. Even Abby, who usually clamps her mouth shut, ate quite a bit. It certainly didn't make up for the calories they would have received in a bottle, but at least it was something.

I know I whine a lot about them eating, but when they are fighting me so much, it greatly affects my mood. I really dread meal times and get very easily frustrated and ready to give up.
I try to stay calm, but I'm not very good at it. It's a combination of annoyance that they aren't cooperating and worry that they will stop gaining weight and we will be back where we started.

We do have a doctor's appointment Monday. They have to get their, hopefully last, synegsis shot (for RSV) and a weight check. That will give me more information as to whether I should start worrying again.

No comments: